- This event has passed.
Chicago / Rockford Consultants’ Network – WiFi Range Improvement, from Antennas to EMC to Embedded Software
May 22 @ 6:45 pm - 8:30 pm
A Case Study on WiFi Range Improvement-from Antennas to EMC to Embedded Software”
by Pete Kindinger.
The client wants to improve the range of his WiFi product. So he hires a consultant to improve the Antenna. But what else affects the range and performance of WiFi? Can a better antenna actually make the range worse? This study walks through the basics of WiFi systems, WiFi modules and antennas, EMC, PCB layout, and even Embedded Software. And in addition to the technology involved, this study reviews some of the interactions and conflicts between the client and the multiple technical advisors hired to design the product and improve the range. In the end, does the Client get what he really wants?
SPEAKER BIO Pete Kindinger is a Founder and Principal at MSRK Design, LLC, a consulting group that specializes in wireless communications, embedded software, and electronic product design. He has developed electronic products for over 30 years, including a career at Motorola where he developed RF transmitters and receivers, embedded software, and solved numerous EMC and production problems. In 2009 he founded MSRK Design with two partners who also worked at Motorola, and now he consults in EMC, Antenna design, and Project Management. Pete has been a member of IEEE since college, and is a member of the EMC Society. He may be contacted at Pete@MSRKdesign.com, or at (847)-275-8535.
- Please meet us for an optional dinner before the meeting: 5:30 pm at Bakers Square on Northwest Highway, 2 blocks south of the library.
- Do you know that networking is responsible for most professional jobs? Do a friend a favor; invite him/her to a meeting.
- There is no admission fee. Don’t forget to bring business cards for networking!
- The board would like your input and suggestions for meeting discussion topics for our 2017 meetings. Take a look at our homepage for examples of past topics.
- Future regular scheduled meeting: July 24, 2017.