- This event has passed.
IAS – National Electrical Code – 2017 Update
REVIEW OF THE NFPA 2017 NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE
PRESENTER – DAN CADDIGAN, P.E.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Dan Caddigan is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois and currently holds the position of Senior Engineer for Meade Electric in the Chicago area. Dan has been teaching electrical code courses for Index Publishing for the last twenty five years and for Electric Association for the last seventeen years. Dan has held previous position as an Electrical Inspector in the City of Chicago for six years and as the Supervisor of Electrical Inspectors for one year. Dan had also worked extensively as part of the Electrical Code Working Group in the City of Chicago, which was responsible for proposing the 2000 Chicago Electrical Code.
ABOUT THE TOPIC:
The 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) is the latest version of electrical code issued by the NFPA. This program has been developed to review the new content within the 2017 NEC and various differences from the current 2014 NEC, in such a way so that the material learned can be applied immediately with increased proficiency, safety and efficiency. Specific areas within the 2017 NEC to be covered include:
- Branch Circuits and Feeders Wiring Methods
- Service Calculations Motor Circuits and Controllers
- Overcurrent Protection Hazardous Locations
- Grounding and Bonding Emergency and Standby Systems
- 7:30 – 8:00 Sign In
- 8:00 – 9:30 Review of 2017 NEC, Chapters 1 and 2
- 9:30 – 11:00 Review of 2017 NEC, Chapter 3
- 11:00 – 12:00 Review of 2017 NEC, Chapter 4
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:30 Review of 2017 NEC, Chapters 5 and 6
- 2:30 – 4:00 Review of 2017 NEC, Chapters 6 and 7
- 4:00 – 5:00 Questions and Answers
Each On-Site Seminar Participant Will Receive:
- Copy of the National Electric Code (NEC), 2017 Handbook
- Copy of the Analysis of Changes, 2017 NEC
- Continental Breakfast
- Full Plated Lunch (Vegetarian Lunch is Available per Requests)
- Break Snacks and Beverages
- A Certificate of Attendance
- 8 Professional Development Hour Credits
Please print out the attached form and mail in ASAP! Seats are limited.
IEEE Chicago IAS Chapter