- This event has passed.
PSES – Wire and Cable Markings: Understanding the Terminology
October 18 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Wire and Cable Markings: Understanding the Terminology
Speaker: Ken Riedl
Presentation Description A discussion of the markings found on wire and cable, and what these indicate about safety and performance characteristics, certifications or approvals, and suitability for use. About the Speaker: Ken Riedl is a Senior Project Engineer in the Wire and Cable Group at Intertek and has been evaluating wire and cable products for safety and performance since 2003. He has worked in the product compliance and testing field since 1998. Prior to Intertek Ken was employed by Underwriters Laboratories where he performed safety and performance evaluations for a variety of products. He holds Bachelor’s degrees in Electrical Engineering Technology and English, and is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Ken lives in Cortland, New York, with his wife and two children.
- Minutes from the last meeting
- Chapter Officers 2017-2018 Meeting Schedule
- Chapter Volunteer Opportunities
- New Business, if any.
- Presentation: Wire and Cable Markings: Understanding the Terminology
- $10 for IEEE-PSES members
- $15 for non-PSES members
- Students are free.
- *To cover meeting expenses and food/drinks
Please RSVP by Friday, October 13th, to Barbara Kelkhoff, 630-993-6306, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you will attend on-site or remotely so that we can plan for attendees/dinner versus Skype attendees.
For P.E. licenses that require continuing education for renewal, attendance at IEEE Technical Meetings is acceptable as one Professional Development Hour (PDH) per meeting.
Visit our website for more information – http://ieeechicago.org/pses/
The Chicago PSES is a forum for Product Safety Professionals from all Industries to network with peers and enhance their skills while also providing Product Safety outreach to engineers, students, and others with an interest in the field.
- Join Skype Meeting Or cut-and-paste the following link into your browser: https://meet.chamberlain.com/barbara.kelkhoff/83KN52MP
- Join by phone 1 (630) 501-2820 (US) English (United States) 1 (866) 595-8777 (US) English (United States) Find a local number Conference ID: 996894