Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Requirements to be considered for this role:
• BS Electrical Engineering
• 8-10+ years of electrical maintenance and project experience
• Strong expertise in the following: electrical equipment protection, power distribution, control and maintenance, power generation and energy costs
• Familiarity with software for power system modelling (ETAP is a plus)
Description of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the reliability and maintenance of the site electrical power distribution system, including reviewing and developing capital projects as necessary
• Supervise and provide expertise to the site’s I&E work force and contractors, including guidance in troubleshooting issues for electrical equipment
• Provide and manage proposals for equipment upgrades and designs
• Owner of in process ISO related instrumentation program
Position: Compliance Engineer
FC Lighting is looking for a motivated compliance engineer to become a part of our innovative Engineering team as we continue to develop the next generation of LED lighting products. This person will be responsible for submitting and conducting all safety listings as well as maintaining Photo, Thermal and IP company’s labs.
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
FC Lighting is looking for a motivated mechanical design and development engineer to innovate the next generation of LED lighting products. This person will be responsible for designing and developing new products from concept to production using SolidWorks design software. In addition, this role will involve interfacing with team members across the organization and providing production support for existing products.
Position: Electrical Project Engineer – P.E.
Globetrotters Engineering Corporation is a full-service professional firm based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974. Globetrotters’ highly diversified services enable its clients to benefit from a full range of architectural, engineering, and construction management capabilities.
- Architecture and Planning Services
- Construction Administration | Resident Engineering | Construction Management
We are seeking a senior electrical project engineer in the design of power distribution, building instrumentation control, fire alarm, lighting, communication systems for commercial, institutional and municipal facilities. Roadway and highway lighting is desirable.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
The Electrical Project Engineer will work in a multi-discipline team environment with primary responsibility for the design of building electrical systems and production of electrical construction documents for commercial, municipal and institutional projects. Responsibilities include design and specification of power distribution systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, drawing production, building information modeling (BIM), specification writing, discipline coordination, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code reviews for MEP systems. Responsibilities may also include the review of MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients, and working with others within the firm. Projects include base building and tenant interior systems on commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, hotel, education, and various other types.
- Must have 5‑15 years of experience in ELECTRICAL design for all types of commercial, municipal and institutional projects.
- Start a project and take it through to the final stages of the project.
- Project Management experience.
- Leadership abilities, able to work independently but also in a team atmosphere.
- P.E. license is desirable
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD
- Revit experience
Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Lead and direct the design and coordination of project electrical systems;
- Serve as project manager as professional experience and growth dictates;
- Work closely with departmental management, other senior professionals and other team members;
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse group
- Completes projects within budget and schedule;
- Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination;
- Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards;
- Performs engineering calculations and equipment selection;
- Performs site visits and issues reports; Edit/writing specifications;
- Provide input into standards
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Degree Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering & Technology, Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- hands-on experience with latest versions of AutoCAD and REVIT;
- MS Office, Outlook, AutoCAD/Revit, engineering calculation and performance simulation software.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org