CELEBRATING 125 YEARS OF SERVING CHICAGO’S ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS
Saturday, April 27, 2019
10 AM to 2 PM
Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship
Illinois Institute of Technology
There is no charge to attend
Website registration is closed. However, walk-ins will be welcome.
Register in person at the event’s Registration Desk
After a successful Columbian Exposition, the leadership of Chicagoland engineers, called “western engineers,” petitioned what was then the AIEE to hold separate meetings outside New York. Professor Stine from the newly opened Armour Institute (1893), now IIT, offered his lecture room in the main building for holding the initial meetings. The inaugural meeting of the Chicago Section was held at the main building on March 21, 1894.
In honor of the 125th anniversary of this event, Illinois Institute of Technology is inviting the IEEE Chicago Section to return to the same campus not far from the main building but this time to the LEED-Gold designated Kaplan Institute to hold an event that recognizes past achievements of Chicago’s engineering community while looking towards the future of exciting technical innovation. This fair will recognize the contributions of the IEEE Chicago Section and to encourage students to pursue careers in science and engineering.
IEEE student members and members, non-members, middle-school and high-school students, IIT students, faculty and alumni are all invited
- There will be several table-top displays by IEEE society chapters demonstrating the technologies they represent while explaining their everyday work as engineers
- Poster-board displays relating the history of the IEEE Chicago Section, IEEE milestones granted to Chicago-area events
- Short presentations on the value of engineering and the reasons for choosing engineering as a career
- Campus tours including a tour of IIT’s micro-grid
- See engineering in action in a BMW car!
WHY YOU SHOULD COME?
Get to learn about what the IEEE Chicago section does and what IEEE engineers in Chicago do! Also, get to see what type of engineering fields that IEEE Chicago professionals are working in, and the various IEEE Chicago societies that are out there to serve these professionals. Whether you are a high school student, a university student, an industry professional, academic professional, retired, or love engineering and technology, learn how IEEE Chicago can provide you the edge in your engineering career.
ABOUT THE IEEE CHICAGO SECTION
The IEEE Chicago Section is comprised of various societies within the IEEE that are active locally. Each of these societies has been invited to the fair to demonstrate their technology. Representatives will be on hand to discuss career opportunities in their field.
LOCAL SOCIETY CHAPTERS
- Antennas & Propagation/Microwave Theory and Techniques (APS/MTT)
- Communications (COM)
- Computer (CS)
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Engineering in Medicine and Biology (EMB)
- Industry Applications / Industrial Electronics (IAS/IES)
- Information Theory (ITS)
- Power and Energy (PES)
- Product Safety Engineering (PSES)
- Professional Communications (PCS)
- Reliability (RS)
- Signal Processing (SP)
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC)
- Technology and Engineering Management (TEMS)
- Vehicular Technology (VTS)
- Chicago/Rockford Consultants’ Network
- Women in Engineering
SUBMIT THIS FORM FOR MORE INFO