Amateur Radio Technician License Preparation Class – Week 1
September 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CDT
Week 1 of License Preparation Course
All information on the course and log-i requirements are found at:
While there are many resources available to help you with your studies, we recommend the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual: Level 1, Technician 4th Edition. This is the de facto resource to prepare for the exam. The video series is organized around this book, section-by-section, and a common book will make for a smoother class experience. You can get yours from the ARRL here: ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition.
First read Chapters 1, 2, and 3. Then watch…
- Welcome to the Video Series · 1 (9:44)
- Radio Signals and Waves · 2.1 (14:50)
- Equipment Basics · 2.2 (6:30)
- Electricity · 3.1 (7:57)
- Components and Units · 3.2 (16:44)
- Radio Circuits, Oscillators, and Mixers · 3.3 (6:13)
Log into the class website to learn about Jitsi the platform the clas will use.