Tinley Park, Illinois – Full Time
Panduit, a global leader in network infrastructure, has a unique opportunity for a talented Senior Principal Engineer – Professional Audio Architect to make lasting and important contributions to the company and to the emerging networked AV and/or AV over IP technology arena. With the 2019 acquisition of Atlona, Panduit is dedicating R&D resources to new product development, and we’re seeking a Subject Matter Expert to spearhead our efforts. Are you ready to join a visionary, collaborative team dedicated to excellence and innovation? Consider this rare position as your invitation to build an amazing career at Panduit!
What You’ll Do:
Based at our R&D Center in Tinley Park, Illinois, or alternately, at our Atlona division in San Jose, you will research and identify current and emerging audio technologies/applications, identify gaps within our product portfolio, and recommend products and product roadmaps. You will apply your understanding of market trends, customer needs, and product opportunities in Professional Audio applications. As our audio SME, you will identify key current and future use cases, and when needed, provide a “Proof of Concept (PoC)” on a technology or architecture to demonstrate technical feasibility.
Staying up to speed on the current market, you will also provide research on competitors and their products. Engagement with crucial “teaching” customers will enable you to establish product gaps and future needs. This is a cross-functional role that will include interaction with R&D leaders and engineers, executive and business leaders and staff, marketing and business development leaders, and enterprise clients. If you are a “thought leader” who also has hands-on practical experience with leading-edge AV technologies, you are the SME we are seeking.
What You’ll Bring:
Our ideal Senior Principal Engineer – Professional Audio Architect will bring the following:
- BS degree required (MS strongly preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 10+ years in an engineering environment, along with 5+ recent years dedicated to relevant and progressive domain experience with Professional Audio Systems.
- Experience with professional audio applications (e.g., experience in audio mixing, recording, sound reinforcement systems).
- Experience in digital audio processing technologies and techniques: AGC, Expander, Gating, EQ, Mixing, Compressors, Limiters, Crossovers, Recording, Noise Canceling, AEC and other DSP modules.
- Hands-on experience with audio DSP devices (Biamp, QSC, Symetrix, Crestron, Extron,), PA systems, Dante devices, audio amplifiers and speakers.
- Understanding of the conference room VoIP ecosystems and especially audio VoIP integration with DSP and audio systems using networked AV and/or AV over IP.
- Experience working with Professional AV dealers, AV distributors and system integrators.
- Experience with professional audio equipment and measurement equipment.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office and research lab environment.
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of the time.
Apply online today for our thoughtful consideration. (Liz Klein, 469-223-4900, is the recruiter for this position.)