Works closely with software engineering peers and leads to identify requirements-related issues, explore alternative resolutions and work with cross-functional team members consisting of Technical Spec Writers, Marketing, Medical, Regulatory, Program, Software Development and Software Test Management. This position is responsible for assisting with the design and development of test software for Board Support Package for next generation CE3.x platform, as well as supporting existing Plum360/CE 3.0 in field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in Board Support Package (BSP) software design & overall system architecture covering features, functionality, reliability, and performance.
- Function as a senior level individual contributor that works well with minimum direction on assigned tasks.
- Seeks guidance/clarification as required.
- Participate in Product and BSP software requirements definition and requirements process development. Assess
- Cross-disciplinary requirements and design trade-offs.
- Participate in Risk identification, assessment and mitigation, including assisting the creation of hazards analysis investigation and failure mode analysis.
- Identify approaches; make recommendations for BSP software design & development.
- Participate in Root cause analysis of field related issues
- Develop Test tools for supporting CE 3.0 in factory.
- Support WiFi regulatory tests.
- Monitor WiFi standards to ensure compliance on Hospira products.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with motor control related firmware is beneficial.
- Experience authoring design requirements and associated verification test procedures.
- Experience in networking, such as IP addressing schemes, Subnetting, Netmasks.
- Experience with wireless roaming/authentication supplicants and 802.11 security (WEP, WPA/WPA2, EAP, etc.).
- Experience with the Linux wireless stack (drivers, mac80211, cfg80211, wpa_supplicant, hostapd, iwconfig/iw, etc.).
- Experience optimizing wireless systems for low power consumption.
- Experience specifying and testing antennas for embedded applications.
- Experience with characterizing an RF environment and completing an RF link budget.
- Experience applying design tradeoffs to optimize system performance.
- Able to independently resolve RF System level performance issues.
- Knowledge of the installation processes for Wireless products.
- Experience with RF product Agency Certification.
Minimum Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Science from an accredited college or university is required
- 7+ years’ experience. (With MS 4 + years’ experience) including the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in software and systems engineering.
- 5+ years of embedded software design & development experience.
- 3+ years of Python, Perl, C/C++ development experience – preferably in a professional development environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience with wireless application work, especially 802.11
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location – US-IL-Lake Forest
Schedule – Full-time
Shift – Day Job