Courageous Women: Leading when it’s tough
October 14, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT
Avoiding scarcity traps, boosting performance & resilience
Join the IEEE PES Chicago Chapter, the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Chicago Regional Section, and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Chicago Section for a transformational workshop to support women in leadership roles by helping them avoid scarcity traps, while boosting performance & resilience for themselves and their team.
“Leadership Challenges: What I Learned” – Dayna Johnson, GE
Dayna Johnson, President of the Board for the Society of Women Engineers, will share her experiences as a licensed professional engineer, a LEED accredited professional, a former GE commercial manager leading large teams through the bidding process for high-voltage electrical substations, and the Emerging Technology Programs and Operations Leader at GE Gas Power.
“Leadership Challenges: What I Learned” – Wanda Reder, Grid-X Partners
Wanda Reder will share her experiences, including how she rose through the ranks to become the VP, Asset Management and Engineering & System Planning at Exelon Energy Delivery, the first woman to serve as President of the IEEE Power & Energy Society, a Fellow of the IEEE, the Chief Strategy Officer at S&C Electric, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, the President and CEO of Grid-X Partners, and more!
Advanced Leadership Workshop Agenda:
- Leadership Challenges: What I Learned – Part 1 with Dayna
- Focus 1: Diagnose and deconstruct your biggest leadership pain as a mid-level manager
- Focus 2: Identify and understand scarcity traps: time, energy, data, $$$, other resources
- Focus 3: Connect with your productive, creative, in-the-zone, flow state to deal with complexity and overwhelm
- Leadership Challenges: What I Learned – Part 2 with Wanda
- Focus 4: Learn how to confidently call on your inner courage when it’s tough
- Focus 5: Develop a high performance resiliency plan for you and your team
- Wrap up and bonus raffle
The workshop is open to all individuals who are committed to empowering women as they embrace the challenges of leadership.
Facilitators: Alex Flueck and Teresa Heger
Alex Flueck, PhD, is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Illinois Tech and a leadership integrity facilitator.
Teresa Heger, MA, Organizational Learning and Performance, is a leadership coach and corporate trainer based in Michigan.
Advanced Leadership Workshop Fee
On or before Oct 7:
$295 IEEE/SWE/AIChE member
After Oct 7:
$345 IEEE/SWE/AIChE member
Refund requests must be submitted via email to workshop organizer by October 7, 2022. Refund processing fee is $25.
Illinois Tech Rice Campus
Wheaton, IL 60189