Create an Event – Chicago Section and Society Chapter events created in vTools will automatically be included in the Chicago Section calendar
Report on an Event
*You may need to login to Collabgratec with your ieee.org account to access these links
The Chicago Section has the unique distinction as being the first American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE) section formed outside New York. The first meeting of the Chicago Section was held on March 21, 1894, coinciding with the 85th meeting of the Institute in New York. The same paper “On the Effect of Heavy Gases in the Chamber of an Incandescent Lamp” was read and discussed simultaneously in Chicago and New York.
The importance of the World’s Columbian Exposition in the forming of the Chicago Section cannot be downplayed. It was no coincidence that the section’s founding was in the same year as the exposition.
In honor of 110th anniversary of this event, the Chicago Section staged a reenactment of the meeting on March 23, 2004 on the same campus where the original meeting was held. To learn more about the history of the Chicago Section and the 2004 reenactment. read about it here.
The 126th Anniversary was a virtual event you can see the agenda and access the presentations & videos here.
SCANFAX 2007-2008 Chicago Section Year in Review
– Dollars and Records Crucial When Defending Patents
– Integrating Wind Power Into Existing Grids Can Be Tricky
– 2008 Washington Award Winner Tackles Technical Talent Shortage
– As Products Change, So Does Safety Testing
– Keeping One Step Ahead of the Spammers and Phishers
– VoIP: You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet…
– Tomorrow’s Electric Grid Will Not Be Today’s