5th Joint Annual Meeting, IEEE Magnetics Society and Nanotechnology Council Chicago Chapters
November 17 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CST
Welcome to the 5th Joint Annual Meeting of the IEEE Magnetics Society and IEEE Nanotechnology Council Chicago Chapters, to be held in a hybrid form (in-person plus on Zoom) with in-person venue at Northwestern University on Friday, November 17, 2023. The meeting will provide free breakfast & lunch and face-to-face interaction with the best local Chicago reserachers in Magnetics and Nanotechnology!
The meeting will convene local and international academics, professionals and students with broad interests in magnetics and nanotechnology. The meeting will provide a forum for highlighting the latest advances in magnetism, spintronics, nanotechnology, and nanoelectronics, and will provide opportunities to facilitate networking and collaboration.
There are no Registration Fees, but registration is required.
Zoom link for remote attendees:
- Ankit Shukla, UIUC
- Yue Cao, Argonne National Laboratory
- Zach David Hood, Argonne National Laboratory
- Robert Klie, University of Illinois Chicago
- Susan Kempinger, North Central college
- Mahdi Hosseini, Northwestern University
- Nivedita Arora, Northwestern University
- Silvia Zorzetti, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Susana Cardoso Freitas, INESC Microsystems & Nanotechnologies, Portugal (2023 IEEE Magnetic Society Distinguished Lecturer)
- Xiangfeng Duan, UCLA (2023 IEEE Nanotechnology Council Distinguished Lecturer)
- Youngjun Ahn, University of Michigan (2023 IEEE Chicago Early Career Award in Magnetics)
- Peter Smith, Northwestern University (2023 IEEE Chicago Early Career Award in Nanotechnology)
|Session 1: Spintronics|
|Susana Cardoso Freitas (IEEE DL)||INESC, Portugal||9:00am-9:25am|
|Susan Kempinger||North Central College||9:25am-9:50am|
|Session 2: 2D Materials|
|Zach David Hood||Argonne||10:30am-10:55am|
|Youngjun Ahn||U Mich||10:55am-11:20am|
|Xianfeng Duan (IEEE DL)||UCLA||11:20am-11:45am|
|Panelist: Yuepeng Zhang (Argonne), Susan Kempinger (North Central College), Nivedita Arora (Northwestern U), Silvia Zorzetti (Fermi Lab), Zach Hood (Argonne)|
|Session 3: Nanomaterials and orders|
|Nivedita Arora||Northwestern U||1:40pm-2:05pm|
|Session 4: Quantum information|
|Mahdi Hosseini||Northwestern U||2:45pm-3:10pm|
|Silvia Zorzetti||Fermi Lab||3:10pm-3:35pm|
Additional Information about Sponsors of the event:
IEEE Magnetics Society (www.ieeemagnetics.org) focus is on all matters involved in the fundamental development, design, and application of magnetic devices, including magnetic materials and phenomena. The society sponsors numerous conferences throughout the year.
IEEE Nanotechnology Council (www.ieeenano.org) is a multi-disciplinary group whose purpose is to advance and coordinate work in the field of Nanotechnology carried out throughout the IEEE in scientific, literary and educational areas. The Council supports the theory, design, and development of nanotechnology and its scientific, engineering, and industrial applications.
IEEE Nanotechnology Council Young Professionals (https://
2205 Tech Drive
Evanston, IL 60208