Welcome to the Chapter website of the Sensors Council, Chicago Chapter!
Welcome to the Chapter website of the Sensors Council, Chicago Chapter! The Sensors Council, Chicago Chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) serves engineering and computer professionals in the twelve counties of the greater Chicago area. As part of the Chicago Section, the Sensors Chapter provides a local interface to the worldwide network of the IEEE.
The Sensors Chapter organizes technical presentations, lectures, webinars, social events, and networking opportunities of interest to sensors, transducers and integrated sensor-actuators professionals. The Chapter’s Fields of Interest include “the theory, design, fabrication, manufacturing and application of devices for sensing and transducing physical, chemical, and biological phenomena, with emphasis on the electronics, physics and reliability aspects of sensors and integrated sensor-actuators.”
The Chapter’s activities will be devoted to the following topics: physical, chemical, electronic and optical sensors, biosensors, electromagnetic and radiation sensors, micro- and nano-sensors, integrated sensor systems, manufacturing, packaging and modeling of sensors, sensor system networks, sensor data processing and analysis, and emerging applications of sensors in internet-of-things (IoTs), smart cities, Industry 4.0, wireless health, autonomous vehicles, intelligent agriculture, cyber-physics, and robotics.
The Chapter Committee operates under the Code of Practice, which has been made in accordance to the by-laws of the IEEE Sensors Council and the Chicago Section.
- Chair: Dr. Pai-Yen Chen
- Vice Chair: Dr. Shaolin Liao
- Secretary: Mehdi Hajizadegan
- Treasury: Maryam Sakhdari
- Young Professionals Program Chair: Dr. Vincent C. F. Chen
IEEE Sensors Council, Chicago Chapter Seminars
To be announced.
- IEEE Sensors Council
IEEE Sensors Publications
IEEE Sensors Council Conferences
- IEEE Sensors Conference 2019 \
- The 18th IEEE Conference on Sensors Montreal, Canada, 27-30 October, 2019
- IEEE Inertial Sensors 2019
- The 6th IEEE International Symposium on Inertial Sensors and Systems Naples, Florida, USA, 1-5 April 2019
- IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things
- Limerick, Ireland, 15-18 April 2019