Technology and Engineering Management Society, Chicago Chapter
Based on the mission of the IEEE Technology & Engineering Management (TEMS) Society, the objective of TEMS Chicago section is to advance & enhance essential management and leadership knowledge & skills for engineering and technology professionals in the twelve counties of the greater Chicago area. As part of the Chicago Section, the TEMS chapter provides a local interface to the worldwide network of the IEEE. In addition, the TEMS organizes meetings and provides opportunities for professional development, networking, and collaboration with other regional IEEE professional societies and other related professional societies like Project Management Institute. TEMS Chicago aims to assist practicing engineers, business start-ups and job seekers by providing meaningful training and establishing collaborations among individuals.
- October 8, 2015, 5:30 to 7:00 PM,at 1 Baxter Parkway, Deerfield, IL,General meeting co-sponsored by IEEE TEMS and BaxWise (Baxter Healthcare Corporation): Topic “LEADERSHIP PANEL WITH WOMEN SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS” with panelists: Anila Lingamneni, Vice President, R&D Device Engineering, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Jane Werling, Director of Research, Drug Development, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Kawtar Hafidi, Associate Chief Scientist, Laboratory Directed R&D, Argonne National Laboratory.
- September 29, 2015, IEEE Chicago participated as an exhibitor in the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Intelligent Transportation Society (ITS) of the Midwest.
- July 16, 2015: General meeting at IIT Rice Campus, Wheaton, IL at IIT Rice Campus, Wheaton, IL Topic: “WHAT ENGINEERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS: TALES FROM THE FRONT” Presented by Robert P. Greenspoon,a founding member of Flachsbart & Greenspoon, LLC. and a registered patent attorney who concentrates his practice in the trial and appeal of patent cases and other complex litigation.
- May 13, 2015: Participate in the Association Fair organized by PMI Chicago.
- February 19, 2015: TEMS Chicago Kick-off meeting at IIT Rice Campus, Wheaton, IL. The highlight of this meeting was the on-site attendee survey taken to assess the needs of the IEEE TEMS Chicago members
For further information or to find out about volunteer opportunities contact:
Dr Bakul Banerjee – Chair